Welcome to Godolphin Primary School PTA
We would like to introduce ourselves; we are a group of parents who work to raise funds to enhance school life for our children, we have organised many events and fundraisers and hope to continue to do so for future years.
So why do we feel the PTA is important?
- Raises funds to support the school with additional supplies and critical equipment.
- It allows parents to be involved in their children’s education.
- Creates great events, so children build great memories.
- Parents get to know each other, support each other, and make some brilliant friendships.
- It ensures parents have a voice when decisions are being made.
- It binds the community and school together and enhances our children’s school life.
- Helps provide second hand school uniform, as we know how fast our children grow!
I’m sure there are many more reasons, but we feel these are some of the key ones.
So, what events have we organised in the past?
Easter Hat parade and competition * Santos Grotto * Children’s designer Christmas cards * Quiz nights for parents * Cake Sales * Sports Day Cream Teas * School Hoodies for all the leavers * Halloween Discos * Supply some of schools stationary * School playground clean up * Christmas Wreath Making* Elf Workshop* purchased School Gazebos * Paid for a Roman Soldier to visit the children and give them a history lesson* Help pay for transport for school visits * Jubilee and Coronation events and gifts for the children * School Self Portrait Tea Towels * Bags for School* Second Hand school Uniform sale* Ice Creams for all the school on hot days and last day of school*
To name but a few, I’m sure there are more and definitely more to come!
We Need Your Help
These are just some of the fun events the PTA has organised, and we’ve had a great team to work together, but every year we lose some parents as their children move onto Secondary school, so we always need more people to join in to help. Therefore, we are looking for people to come and either join or support the PTA as we are a small team and always need helpers. We only ask for a few hours every 2-3 months but it’s such a huge help when we have more helpers.
“Many hands make light work”.
To contact us either speak to the school secretary, and she will pass on your details to us or come and see us in the playground for a chat, we are a friendly bunch! (See photo to recognise us)
So come and be part of a great team and help your child build some fantastic school memories and do some fundraise along the way!